This is the second post I made in making Chicken Empanada. The difference is this time I used shredded chicken.
I really have no patience making the dough from scratch so ready made Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheet is the solution. It not sweet compare to homemade empanada dough but it works well.
- 2 package Puff Pastry Sheet
- 1/2 lb chicken breast, boiled and shredded
- 1 large potato, cubed small
- 1 large carrot, cubed small
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cubed small
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 4 pcs garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, diluted in 1/2 cup water
- Heat wok and add 2 tablespoon cooking oil.
- Saute garlic and onion till onion turns golden brown.
- Add shredded chicken followed by carrots, potato, bell pepper and raisins.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes or till liquid evaporates.
- Remove mixture from the heat and allow to cool.
- Cut dough into round shapes. You could use small plate to get the perfect round shape.
- Scoop a tablespoon of chicken mixture and place in the middle of the dough.
- Fold in half and seal using corn starch diluted in water and microwaved for 1 minute till it turns into a paste.
- Use fork to seal and design the ends.
Set over to 350 degrees.
Place empanada in a baking pan lightly sprayed or brushed with cooking oil.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or when empanada turns golden brown.
Remove from heat. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then serve. Enjoy!