Eggplant and Tofu Recipe
- 2 pack hard tofu, cut in cubes
- 1 lb eggplant, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced fine
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienne
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- cooking oil
- Dilute cornstarch in water. Set aside.
- Combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside
- Using a wok, heat and add 1/4 cup cooking oil.
- Add tofu and fry until golden brown. Remove tofu and drain excess oil. Set aside.
- Using the same wok, add garlic and ginger. Stir and cook until aromatic.
- Add onion, bell pepper and eggplant. Stir and cook for 3 minutes until eggplant is fully cooked.
- Return fried tofu to the wok. Stir gently and cook for few more minutes.
- Add cornstarch sauce mixture and stir to combine.
- Transfer in a serving plate and serve hot with steam rice. Enjoy!
Post a Comment