Native chicken is not available here in my location so instead I used game hen and it worked really well. The taste is almost the same as the one we had in one of the restaurant in Iloilo City.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 large tomato, cut into 4
- 1 stalk lemon grass, cut into 3 inches
- salt to taste
- 1 pieces Cornish game hen, cut into 8 pieces
- banana leaves for wrapping
- string for tying
- In a deep bowl, place chicken, salt, lemon grass, tomatoes and onion.
- Add enough water to cover the chicken.
- Prepare the banana leaves and the string.
- Pour enough chicken mixture into the banana leaf, gather the edges and tie it with a string.
- Arrange the chicken mixture wrapped in banana leaves in a pot and fill with enough water and start boiling.
- You have the option to steam or boil but few recipes I found in the web recommends boiling.
- It will take at least 30 minutes of boiling in high heat then 30 minutes in medium heat.
- Make sure the water is enough that covers the chicken in banana half way.
- Keep the pot covered during the boiling process.