Chop Suey Recipe
- 1/2 lb pork butt, sliced thin(you could use chicken breast instead)
- 1/2 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 whole cauliflower, broken to bite sizes
- 1 can baby corn, drained/rinsed
- 1 can button mushroom, drained/rinsed
- 1/4 lb. snow peas, remove both end
- 1 piece red bell pepper
- 1 piece green bell pepper
- 1 piece sayote, sliced thin
- 1 piece carrot, cut thin
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom, soaked and sliced into 2"
- 1 piece onion, diced
- 6 pieces garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon corn starch, diluted in 2 teaspoon water
- Using a deep wok saute garlic and onion on 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add the pork slices till it turn golden brown.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and simmer for 10 minutes allowing the pork to cook.
- Add shrimp, stir and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Start adding the vegetables starting with cauliflower, carrots, sayote, bell peppers, baby corn and snow peas.
- Add 1 cup of water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with a dash of salt and ground pepper.
- Pour the diluted cornstarch over the mixture. Stir and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy.