A recipe that is great for any occasion. Serve it sliced or whole. You could also prepare this using pork. You can also try making Pork Hamonado if you prefer pork instead of chicken.
- 3 large chicken breast, fillet
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 4 pieces sliced pineapple, cut thin
- 1 small carrot, sliced thin
- 6 pieces sweet pickles, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Mix pineapple juice, brown sugar, salt and ground pepper in a deep dish.
- Add chicken fillet to the mixture for 30 minutes and refrigerate.
- Remove chicken breast and set aside the remaining juice.
- Spread chicken fillet on a flat surface and top with slices of pickles, carrots, pineapple and roll.
- Arrange rolled chicken on a deep pan and cover with the remaining juice.
- Simmer in medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan and arrange in a platter.
- Simmer remaining juice till it thickens. Pour over the chicken and serve.