Pancit Canton Guisado
I was inspired with the noodles I had last week from my favorite Chinese restaurant. On how they serve it saucy and sauce, veggies and meat topping the noodles. I want it more Filipino so I used pancit canton instead of egg noodles. It turned out really good. I think the trick to it is the minced ginger and sesame oil. You could also add other vegetables desired. Give it try.
- 8 oz. Pancit Canton, Excellent Brand
- 1/4 lb sirloin steak, sliced thin (or pork)
- 1/4 lb boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienne
- 1/2 small cauliflower, cut into bite size
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/4 lb green beans, cut into half
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced fine
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can baby corn, drained
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, diluted in 2 tbsp water
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Boil enough water in a deep pot.
- Once it starts boiling blanch the noodles for a minute and season a pinch of salt. Remove noodles, drain and garnish with sesame oil. Set aside.
- Using a wok saute ginger, garlic and onion in canola oil till caramelized.
- Add beef and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and stir. Allow chicken to cook.
- Season the meat with soy sauce.
- Start adding the vegetables starting with the carrots, cauliflower, green beans, bell pepper and baby corn.
- Stir fry for few minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water and turn to boil.
- Once it starts boiling add the shrimps, stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add diluted cornstarch, stir noodles and remove from heat.
Arrange cooked noodles in a serving dish.
Pour meat and veggies mixture over the noodles.
Garnish with slices of lemon or calamansi and serve while hot.
Enjoy your Pancit Canton Guisado with some pandesal...YUMMY!
hope you posted the picture of the Pancit canton and its label so that viewers will know its featuresReplyDelete
I will do that next time.
Hi miss Cecilia just dropping by I've printed your page and showed to my boss and he was very delightful to see that Excellent Brand Noodles is Being Known Worldwide. BTW Mr.Alexander Billan is my Boss he's the President and owner of Excellent Brand Noodles More power to you i will present your blog to our next meetingReplyDelete
Excellent brand Pancit Canton and Bijon was first introduced to me by my Mom. You could never go wrong with this brand. Yes, Excellent is the #1 brand here in California. I could say that because the store (99 ranch) always runs out. I just made Bam-i noodles and used the same brand. Kudos to your Boss! Thank you.