You could say this Halo-Halo is Super Special. Check out all the ingredients. See previous Special Halo-Halo post for all the other ingredients.
With good servings of home made Leche Plan
Here's a recipe for the Filipino Leche Plan
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 12 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 9' round baking pan and a steamer
- Place enough water in the steamer and start boiling.
- Using a deep bowl mix egg yolks using a beater.
- Add condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla and blend well and continue mixing. Set aside.
- On a stove top, caramelize sugar in the baking pan for few minutes in low heat.
- Remove the pan from heat and turn the pan around to spread the sugar syrup evenly.
- Allow the pan to cool.
- Once the pan is cool enough, pour the plan mixture in the pan and start steaming over boiling water for 60 to 80 minutes.
- Remove plan and allow it to cool before slicing.