A simple yet very nutritious and tasty Ilonggo dish.
- 1/2 lb medium size shrimp
- 1 large tomato, cubed
- 1 lb kalabasa, cubed
- 2 medium size eggplant, julienne
- 8 pieces okra, cut in half
- 1/2 lb sitaw, cut into 2 inches
- 1 cup malunggay leaves
- 1 cup saluyot leaves (jute)
- salt and ground pepper (optional) to taste
- 4 cups of water
- Boil water in a deep pot.
- Once the water starts to boil add the tomatoes and the shrimp.
- Season with salt (to taste) and a dash of ground pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium to avoid from over flowing.
- Now start adding the vegetables starting with green beans, okra, eggplant and kalabasa.
- You don't need to cover the pot.
- After few minutes add the malunggay and saluyot leaves.
- Simmer for few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with fried or broiled fish over steam rice.
*You could also add or replace any vegetable desired*
Post a Comment