Tinolang Tahong Recipe
Mussel Soup so good and healthy. Give it a try.
- 2 lb mussel, remove shell (optional)
- 1 cup cleaned malunggay leaves
- 3 pieces thumb size ginger, sliced thin
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 stem lemon grass, cut into 3
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Heat cooking oil in a deep pot. Once cooking oil turns hot reduce heat to medium and saute ginger till golden brown.
- Add onion slices, lemon grass and 3 cups of water.
- Simmer in low heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add cleaned mussels and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Add the malunggay leaves, salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.