- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 6 pieces. hard boiled eggs (optional)
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 thumb size ginger, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 6 pieces garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 stem green onion, sliced thin for garnish
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 can chicken stock
- Using a deep pot, saute ginger in cooking oil till it turns golden brown.
- Add half of the minced garlic and slices of onions till caramelized.
- Add the uncooked rice, turmeric and the slices of chicken and mix.
- Season with fish sauce and simmer for 5 minutes in medium heat.
- Pour chicken stock over the rice and chicken. Cover and simmer for at least 10 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of water and cover to simmer.
- Continue to check the tenderness of the chicken and the rice till desired tenderness.
- If mixture gets too thick just add more water.
- Season with salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Add the hard boiled eggs and serve.
*Don't forget to brown the remaining minced garlic and use it to garnish the arroz caldo with some slices of green onion.*