A mouth watering Pinakbet Recipe, Ilonggo Style
- 1/2 lb pork, sliced thin
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled
- 1 tbsp bagoong (sauteed shrimp paste)
- 1 lb long beans, cut into bite size
- 1 lb kalabasa (squash) cut into cubes
- 2 pcs ampalaya (bitter melon) sliced into bite size
- 1/2 lb okra, cut halves
- 1 medium talong (eggplant) cut into bite size
- 4 pcs garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- salt & pepper to taste.
- 2 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- Using a wok set heat on medium.
- Saute garlic, onion in cooking oil till golden brown.
- Add pork and continue cooking.
- When it starts to sizzle add the bagoong.
- Season with enough salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the shrimp and the vegetables starting from sitaw, ampalaya, kalabasa, okra and talong.
- Stir fry for few minutes then add a cup add a cup of water and simmer till vegetables are cooked.