Tinolang Manok Recipe
Stewed Chicken Soup in Ginger
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 small onion, cut thin
- 2 pieces thumb size ginger, cut thin
- 1 stem lemon grass, cut into 4"
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 medium size green papaya, julienne
- 1 cup malunggay leaves
- 1 cup pepper leaves
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Saute slices of ginger and onions in cooking oil using a deep pot.
- Add slices of chicken and lemon grass.
- Season with fish sauce, ground pepper and simmer for few minutes.
- Add 4 to 5 cups of water, cover pot and bring to boil in medium high heat for at least 20 minutes or till the chicken is fully cooked.
- Add more water if needed. Season with salt if desired.
- Now start adding the vegetables starting with green papaya.
- After few minutes add the bell pepper and malunggay leaves.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once all the vegetables are fully cooked removed from heat and serve.
- *Remove the lemon grass before serving*
PANSALT, the low-sodium salt from Finland, is now available in the Philippines. PANSALT is the tastier & healthier way to salt. With PANSALT, you can avoid and better manage hypertension and its unwanted side-effects such as heart attack, stroke, kidney disease, among others. PANSALT has also been approved as an organic food ingredient by the European Commission. Make that switch to PANSALT NOW!!! For more information, visit www.pansalt.ph or contact (02) 531-4881/ 0917-811-SALT (7258).ReplyDelete