Stewed Chicken Soup in Ginger
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 small onion, cut thin
- 2 pieces thumb size ginger, cut thin
- 1 stem lemon grass, cut into 4"
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 medium size green papaya, julienne
- 1 cup malunggay leaves
- 1 cup pepper leaves
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Saute slices of ginger and onions in cooking oil using a deep pot.
- Add slices of chicken and lemon grass.
- Season with fish sauce, ground pepper and simmer for few minutes.
- Add 4 to 5 cups of water, cover pot and bring to boil in medium high heat for at least 20 minutes or till the chicken is fully cooked.
- Add more water if needed. Season with salt if desired.
- Now start adding the vegetables starting with green papaya.
- After few minutes add the bell pepper and malunggay leaves.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once all the vegetables are fully cooked removed from heat and serve.
- *Remove the lemon grass before serving*