This Arroz Valenciana recipe is a must try. Great for parties or just because you want to cook something special for the family. Give it a try and let me know.
- 3 cups Sticky rice
- 1/2 lb pork, cut into bite size
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peel
- 4 pcs chorizo bilbao (Chinese sausage), cooked and julienne
- 1 large potato, cut cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 can snow peas
- 2 tablespoon raisins
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 dozen quail egg, boil and peel
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 stem green onion, sliced thin
1. Boil sticky rice in 3 cups of water with turmeric powder. Once it starts boiling reduce heat to low. Simmer for few minutes then remove from heat. Set aside.
2. Saute crushed garlic, onion and pork. Add 1/2 water and simmer to soften the meat. Once meat is fully cooked and juice completely dries add chinese sausage, shrimp, potatoes, red bell pepper, snow peas and raisins. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the half cooked sticky rice with the sauteed ingredients. Mix well, cover wok and simmer in low heat for 8-10 minutes.
4. Garnish with quail eggs and green onions. Serve and enjoy.