Ginisang Ampalaya at Bangus
One of my favorite comfort food. I can cook and eat any dish with bitter melon.
- 1 lb boneless bangus (milk fish)
- 2 medium ampalaya (bitter melon), cleaned and julienne
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- salt to taste
- cooking oil
- Season fish with a little salt and fry in hot oil. Set aside.
- In a clean pan, heat and add 2 tablespoon cooking oil.
- Add garlic and onion. Saute for 2 minutes until aromatic.
- Return fried fish to the pan and cook for a minute.
- Add water and simmer for few minutes.
- Season with ground pepper and salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add ampalaya to the pan and simmer for few minutes uncovered in low heat.
- Pour-in egg and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir gently.
- Transfer in a serving plate and serve with steam rice. Enjoy!