What can be better after all those yummy fatty food consumed during the holidays but this stewed vegetables in shrimp. An Ilonggo dish that is my family's favorite.
- 1/2 lb medium size shrimp
- 1 large tomato, cubed
- 1 lb kalabasa, cubed
- 2 medium size eggplant, julienne
- 8 pieces okra, cut in half
- 1/2 lb sitaw, cut into 2 inches
- 1 cup malunggay leaves
- 1 cup saluyot leaves (jute)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cups of water
Watch how to cook Laswa (Ilonggo Bulanglang) below:
- Boil water in a deep pot. Once the water starts to boil add the tomatoes and the shrimp. Season with salt (to taste) and a dash of ground pepper to taste. Reduce heat to medium low to avoid from over flowing.
- Now start adding the vegetables starting with green beans, okra, eggplant and kalabasa. You don't need to cover the pot. After few minutes add the malunggay and saluyot leaves. Simmer for few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with lots of steam rice. Happy Cooking and enjoy!
Post a Comment