I have been wanting to cook this. Ingredients is similar to cooking Pinakbet only using fish instead of pork and shrimp. It turned out really good. For sure this is not the last cooking this dish.
- 1 large bangus, cut into 6 pieces crosswise
- 1 large ampalaya, julienne
- 1 large eggplant, julienne
- 2 cups diced squash
- 2 cups kangkong tops
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced thin
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 large tomato, quartered
- 2 tablespoon balayan bagoong (fish bagoong)
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups rice washing
- 1 cup water
- Saute ginger, garlic, onion and tomato for a minute in cooking oil.
- Add rice washing and water, bring to a boil in medium low heat.
- Add the fish and fish bagoong, simmer for 5 minutes or till fish is fully cooked.
- Remove fish from the pot and set aside.
- Now add the ampalaya, squash and eggplant, simmer till vegetables is almost fully cooked.
- Return the fish in the pot, top with kangkong tops. Simmer for a minute then remove pot from the heat.
- Season with more salt if desired.
- Serve hot and enjoy!