Simple dish yet tasty and very healthy
- 1/2 lb boneless chicken, julienne
- 1 lb ampalaya, julienne
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced thin
- 3 pieces garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium size onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon black bean sauce
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- Saute ginger, onion and garlic in cooking oil till caramelized.
- Add slices of chicken till chicken turns golden brown.
- Season with ground pepper, hoisin sauce and black bean sauce. Stir for few minutes.
- Pour in 1 cup of water. Season with more salt and ground pepper if needed.
- Reduce heat in medium low and simmer till chicken is fully cooked and sauce reduced to half.
- Add the ampalaya and simmer for few more minutes uncovered.
- Remove the dish from heat, transfer to a serving dish and serve with steam rice.