Tortang Talong or Eggplant Omelette is one of my favorite side dish serve with lots of banana ketchup.
- 4 pieces eggplant, grilled or boiled and peeled
- 2 pieces egg
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- Heat wide pan and add cooking oil in medium low heat.
- Beat egg, corn starch, ground pepper and salt in a shallow bowl.
- Using the back of the fork, flatten eggplant but make sure to leave the stem.
- Dip eggplant into the egg mixture one by one and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or till golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining eggplants.
- Serve with lots of banana ketchup on the side.