Salt and Pepper Salmon Belly
Try this simple recipe yet very tasty and appetizing.
- 2 lbs salmon belly, cut into 2 inches strips
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 stem green onion, sliced thin for garnish (optional)
- Rinse pieces of salmon in water and drain.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Roll pieces of seasoned salmon into a bowl of cornstarch and set aside.
- Heat deep pan in medium heat.
- Pour in the cooking oil in the heated pan.
- Once the cooking oil is hot and ready start frying the seasoned salmon one by one.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side (or more if you want it crispy).
- Remove from heat and arrange in a platter layered with paper towel to remove the excess cooking oil.
- Garnish with some slices of green onion and serve hot.
*Don't forget some spiced vinegar or banana ketchup for dipping*