- 2 lbs mackerel, cleaned and pat dry
- 1 large carrot, cut round
- 6 pcs sweet pickles, cut in halves
- 6 pcs bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole pepper corn
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 cups water
- Sugar, salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Chili powder (optional) to taste
- Pour olive oil and arrange the fish in the pressure cooker.
- Top the fish with the peppercorns, pickles, carrots and bay leaves.
- Using a deep bowl mix tomato sauce, water, salt, sugar and ground pepper.
- Pour the mixture to cover the fish.
- Sprinkle some chili powder if desired.
- Cover pressure cooker and bring to a boil until steam flows out of the vent.
- Allow it to cook for at least an hour in low heat.
- Check after 30 minutes making sure you are not over cooking your sardines.
- Allow to cool before opening the pressure cooker, transfer the cooked sardines in a serving dish and serve hot.
Happy Cooking and Enjoy Eating!