Here is how I steam my 3 lbs live Crabs:
- Rinse the crabs in water.
- Arrange them in a big pot.
- Pour in 1/2 cup water or 7up.
- Start the flame in medium low heat.
- Make sure to cover the pot and steam for 15 minutes.
- You may add a little more water if you think the crabs are not fully cooked yet and steam more for few more minutes.
- Careful with the heat. Keep checking every few minutes, you don't want to burn those yummy crabs.
How about salt? I cook mine, not in water, but in 7 up or Sprite. Makes a big,big difference. And i sprinkle a bit generously Old Bay seasoning.ReplyDelete
Thanks Venus for your input. I used to put salt but been avoiding that lately. I just make sure my dip is well seasoned.ReplyDelete
i use sprite or 7up on shrimp but will try that on crabs next timw thanks