Ube Halaya Recipe
One of my favorite Filipino dessert. Great when used as topping on a vanilla ice cream or a tablespoon on your halo-halo or eaten by itself. Try this simple recipe and for sure you will love it.
- 2 cups mashed purple yam (ube)
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 3 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Heat pot in medium low heat.
- Add the butter and allow it to melt.
- Add the condensed milk and purple yam.
- Stir well for few minutes.
- Add the sugar, vanilla and stir.
- Add in the dissolved cornstarch and stir in occasionally until texture becomes really thick in low heat for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer cooked halaya to any container you can use as a molder.
- Allow to cool for few hours.
- Garnish with some roasted sesame seeds and serve.
*You can refrigerate it if you want to serve it cold*