I have been craving for this dish but I forgot to buy pechay but I went ahead and cooked it anyway. Turned out pretty good and so full of flavor.
- 1 lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 medium size potato, cut into 6 pieces
- 2 pieces saba or Thai banana, cut into 4
- 1/2 lb. cabbage, quartered
- 1 bunch pechay, remove ends
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienne
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat cooking oil in a deep pot.
- Fry potato and banana till golden brown, set aside.
- Add slices of chicken, saute for few minutes or till golden brown.
- Season with fish sauce and ground pepper. Add water and simmer for few minutes.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, sugar and salt to taste. Simmer until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add the fried banana, potato, bell pepper and simmer for few minutes.
- Add the cabbage and simmer for few more minutes.
- Add the pechay and remove pot from heat.
- Serve hot with fish sauce for dipping veggies if desired. Enjoy!