I was in an Asian Grocery store earlier and saw some good looking mangoes. Mangoes is not that good without ginisang bagoong so I made me a bottle. See easy recipe below on how to make Ginisang Alamang na Bagoong.
1 1/2 cup alamang bagoong
1 cup pork fat, sliced thin
6-8 cloves of garlic, minced
1 chili pepper (optional)
1/2 cup vinegar
2 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 cup water
1. In a deep bowl mix bagoong alamang, vinegar, 1/2 cup water and sugar. Set aside.
2. Using a pot place pork slices, cooking oil and 1/2 cup water.
3. Bring to a boil in medium low heat till the water starts to evaporate, pork fat turns golden brown and starts to sizzles. By this time your cooking oil is like 4 times or more from the pork fat.
4. Add the minced garlic and saute in low heat with the pork till garlic turns golden brown.
5. Pour in the alamang bagoong mixture and chili pepper. Stir and simmer in low heat for about 5 minutes or till water evaporates and it becomes oily.
6. Remove the sauteed bagoong and transfer in a jar or Tupperware for storing.
Best with slices of green mango.