Here is a simple recipe on how to make Paksiw na Bangus.
- 1 large (1 1/2 to 2 lb.) bangus, cut into 6-8 pieces and cleaned
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 thumb size ginger, sliced thin
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 1 medium size onion, sliced thin
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- Green onion for garnishing
- Cover the bottom of the pan with the slices of ginger.
- Arrange the slices of bangus topped with garlic, vinegar, water, salt and ground pepper.
- Bring to a boil with pot uncovered over medium high heat. Once it starts boiling reduce heat to medium low, cover pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the cooking oil. Simmer for few more minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, arrange in a serving dish and garnish with slices of green onion.