Pork Adobo in Achuete Oil
- 2 lbs pork shoulder or pork butt, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 4-5 pieces bay leaf
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 tablespoon achuete powder diluted in 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- Saute garlic in cooking oil till caramelized.
- Add slices of pork and saute till pork turns golden brown.
- Add water, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, peppercorns and bay leaves.
- Simmer in medium low heat till meat is fully cooked and sauce thickens.
- Season with more salt and ground black pepper only if needed.
- Once sauce is really thick pour in the achuete oil.
- Simmer in low heat till adobo starts to sizzles.
- Remove from heat and serve hot. Happy Cooking!
Post a Comment