I have been craving for shrimp in coconut milk but I end up adding more seasoning to it. It turned out pretty good. Give it a try. It's kind of close to Thai Pineapple Curry.
- 1 lb. large size shrimp
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 thumb size ginger, slice thin
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, slice thin
- 1 stem lemon grass, cut into 4
- 1 small can pineapple chunks
- 1 small potato, cut into 6
- 1 small carrot, cut into bite size
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- Using a pot saute ginger, onion and garlic till caramelized in cooking oil.
- Add the lemongrass, carrots and potato. Saute for few minutes.
- Add water, pineapple juice from the can, salt and ground pepper.
- Cover pot and simmer in medium low heat till vegetables are half way cooked.
- Add the coconut milk and curry powder. Simmer for few minutes.
- Add the shrimp, simmer for few minutes or till the shrimps are fully cooked.
- Remove the pot from the heat and serve hot with steam rice. Enjoy!