- 2 cups glutinous rice flour, toasted to pale brown
- 1 can 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- After roasting the glutinous rice flour set aside 3 tablespoon for rolling espasol.
- Using a wide pot combine coconut milk, sugar, salt and vanilla extract, bring to boil in medium low heat stirring constantly.
- Slowly add the roasted glutinous rice stirring regularly to prevent lumps.
- Reduce heat to the lowest, keep stirring until mixture becomes sticky and becomes a bit oily.
- Transfer mixture in a flat surface dusted with the roasted glutinous rice flour.
- Roll and flatten the mixture.
- Cut espasol into strips and roll on toasted rice flour until fully coated.
- Wrap each piece in wax paper or arrange in a serving dish covered with banana leaves and serve.
thank u for this recipe. i love espasol & i've always wanted to make some..thank uReplyDelete
You are welcome Michelle, happy cooking!ReplyDelete
It looks good.ReplyDelete
Trying it tomorrow. Bought the ingredients at the Asian store earlier.ReplyDelete
Yehey! Try it so simple to make. Enjoy!ReplyDelete
Love it, will cook once I find glutinous rice, the real glutinous riceReplyDelete
you can buy glutinous rice from the local market or grocery store. enjoyReplyDelete
The quickest and easiest recipe of Espasol by far - my favorite! Had some not long ago when I visited my family from Wendys shop inside SM grocery in Soutmall - Yummo!! Little strips of espasol with buko - just so yummy. Thank you team! More power!
That is a good idea. I might try that next time thanksReplyDelete
glutinous rice is readily available at any grocery store?ReplyDelete
I dont think so but some stores do carry Mochico, the Japanese brand for glutinous rice flour. That should work.Delete