TOFU CHOP SUEY RECIPE
Here is a healthy and tasty easy to follow Vegetables-Tofu Stir Fry recipe. Add quail eggs and for sure your kids would love it too.
- 1 lb. fresh tofu, cut into bite size
- 1 dozen quail egg, hard boiled and peeled
- 1 sayote, julienne
- 1 can baby corn, drained
- 1/2 lb. snow peas
- 2 stem celery, julienne
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 stem green onion, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, diluted in 3 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil or any kind of cooking oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- Using a wok saute ginger and garlic in 2 tablespoon cooking oil in low fire till it turns to light brown.
- Add the slices of tofu, stir fry till tofu turns golden brown in medium low fire.
- Start adding the vegetables starting with sayote, baby corn, quail eggs, celery, bell pepper, snow peas and onions.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Using the same wok saute a pinch of ginger and garlic in 1 tablespoon of cooking oil till golden brown.
- Add water to the wok and bring to a quick boil.
- Season with salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Add the cornstarch diluted in water. Simmer for few minutes.
- Add the sautéed vegetables mixture into the sauce.
- Bring to a quick boil and remove from heat.
- Transfer in a serving dish and serve. Enjoy!