Nilupak na Cassava is one of my favorite Filipino dessert. You can make Nilupak using cooking banana (saba) or grated cassava. The difference is with cooking banana, you won't need condensed milk.
- 2 cups grated cassava
- 1/2 cup condensed milk (or more if you want it sweeter)
- 1 cup grated young coconut
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Combine all above ingredients and mix well.
- Place in a sauce pan, cook in medium low heat.
- Stir constantly till cassava is fully cooked for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, mold and top with butter.
- Serve warm and enjoy!