GINATAANG PINAKBET SA ALIMASAG RECIPE
This is my first time cooking Pinakbet in coconut milk but instead of shrimp or pork I used blue crabs and oh so good. Give it a try and I guarantee you if you like coconut milk in your dish then this one is a must try.
- 4 pieced live crabs, cut into halves
- 2-3 cups coconut milk
- 1 handful long beans, cut into 2 inches
- 1 cup squash, cut into bite size
- 1 small ampalaya, cut into bite size
- 1 handful okra, remove top end
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into bite size
- 2 tablespoon bagoong alamang
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- ground brown pepper and salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- Using a wok or a deep pot saute garlic and onion in cooking oil till caramelized.
- Add bagoong, saute for a minute then add all the vegetables. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk to the vegetables, mix well.
- Allow to boil for 2 minutes in medium low heat.
- Add crabs, mix well, cover and simmer in low heat for 5-10 minutes or till crab is fully cooked.
- Season with salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Remove wok from heat. Transfer in a serving dish and serve hot with lots of steam rice. Enjoy!