QUAIL EGGS and SHRIMP CHOP SUEY RECIPE
How I love cooking this dish. Easy to prepare and healthy too. You can also add pork or chicken or both.
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled
- 1 dozen quail egg, boiled and peeled
- 1 sayote, cut into bite size
- 1 carrot, cut into bite size
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 lb snow peas, remove both end
- 1 can baby corn, drain juice
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, slice thin
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced fine
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch, diluted in 1/2 cup of water
- 2-3 cups water or chicken broth
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Cut and rinse all vegetables and set aside.
- Peel shrimp, remove vein and set aside
- Using a wok saute half of the ginger, garlic and onion in 2 tablespoon cooking oil till caramelized in medium heat.
- Set aside the remaining for later.
- Start adding the vegetables starting with the carrots, baby corn, sayote, bell pepper then the snow peas.
- Stir fry for few minutes then remove vegetables from heat. Set aside.
- Using the same wok saute the remaining ginger, garlic and onion in 1 tablespoon cooking oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil till caramelized.
- Add shrimp and saute till shrimp turns pinkish then add the quail eggs.
- Pour in the chicken broth or water.
- Season with salt and ground pepper. Simmer for few minutes.
- Add oyster sauce and cornstarch diluted in water. Simmer for a minute.
- Add the sautéed vegetables to the sauce mixture. Mix well then add the remaining sesame oil.
- Mix well then remove from heat and serve hot. Enjoy!