If you like Okra then this dish is worth a try. Pretty simple to make and it does taste good. I would say it's because of the sauce. You can try other vegetables and meat desired using the same sauce and for sure it will taste the same.
- 1 lb okra, remove top
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon hoisen sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- salt and ground brown pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup water
- Mix water, cornstarch, hoisin sauce and oyster sauce.
- Season with salt, ground pepper and mix well, set aside.
- Steam okra half way done, set aside.
- Saute ginger and garlic in cooking oil till caramelized.
- Add onions, bell peppers and shrimp.
- Stir fry in medium heat till shrimp turns pink or almost done.
- Add okra and sesame oil. Stir for 2 minutes or till okra is fully done.
- Reduce heat to low then pour in the sauce mixture.
- Mix well, remove from heat and serve hot.