- 2 - 3 dozen quail egg, hard boiled and peeled
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon achuete powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
- salt and ground brown pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups cooking oil for deep frying
- Combine all above dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the water and blend till mixture becomes really smooth with no lumps.
- Heat frying pan in medium heat.
- Dunk eggs to the orange batter making sure all eggs are coated well.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop and deep fry eggs one after another.
- Deep fry for a couple of minute, remove and place in a paper towel to remove excess oil.
For sweet and sour sauce:
- Mix 1/4 cup vinegar, 2 tablespoon brown sugar,1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon ketchup, salt and ground peer to taste, 1/4 cup sugar in a small sauce pan.
- Simmer in low heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon cornstarch diluted in 1/4 cup water.
- Simmer for a minute then remove from heat.
- Serve kwek kwek with sweet and sour sauce while hot. Enjoy!