CAMARON REBOSADO RECIPE
Try this simple shrimp recipe. It's almost like tempura batter but tastier. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce like banana ketchup or better with sweet and sour sauce.
- 1 1/2 lb medium size shrimp
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt and ground brown pepper to taste
- 3 cups of cooking oil
- 1 cup icy water
- Clean shrimp by removing the head and shell leaving the tail, set aside.
- Using a large mixing bowl mix flour, baking powder, sesame oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly add the ice cold water, mixing it well.
- The batter will be very thick.
- Heat cooking oil using a deep pan in medium heat.
- Dip shrimp into the batter one by one and deep fry in cooking oil.
- Turn shrimp occasionally for about a minute or two allowing the shrimp to cook evenly.
- Place cooked shrimp in a paper towel to remove excess cooking oil.
- Arrange in a flat serving dish and serve. Enjoy!