- 1 1/2 lb medium size shrimp
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt and ground brown pepper to taste
- 3 cups of cooking oil
- 1 cup icy water
- Clean shrimp by removing the head and shell leaving the tail, set aside.
- Using a large mixing bowl mix flour, baking powder, sesame oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly add the ice cold water, mixing it well.
- The batter will be very thick.
- Heat cooking oil using a deep pan in medium heat.
- Dip shrimp into the batter one by one and deep fry in cooking oil.
- Turn shrimp occasionally for about a minute or two allowing the shrimp to cook evenly.
- Place cooked shrimp in a paper towel to remove excess cooking oil.
- Arrange in a flat serving dish and serve. Enjoy!