CHICKEN PASTEL RECIPE
Chicken Pastel is one of Filipino's favorite dish during celebrations or I would say any day. Try this simple recipe and enjoy.
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast/thigh, cut into serving size
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 carrot, julienne
- 1 potato, cut into cubes
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, slice thin
- 1 small can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks
- small can (5 fl. oz.) evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Soak chicken in lemon juice for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Drain excess juice after. Set aside.
- Using a pot heat cooking oil.
- Saute garlic and onion till caramelized.
- Add slices of chicken and cook till golden brown.
- Season with fish sauce, pinch of salt and ground pepper.
- Simmer in medium heat for 5 minutes or till chicken is half way cooked.
- Add potatoes, carrots, juice from pineapple can and water.
- Stir well and simmer in medium low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix in bell peppers, pineapple chunks and milk.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes till chicken and potatoes are tender.
- Season with more salt and ground pepper if needed.
- You can also add hot-dog (3 pieces, julienned) and/or quail eggs (1 dozen hard boiled, peeled) if you prefer. Add them together with the potatoes and carrots.
Niluto ko po ito at npakasarap. I try ko rin ung iba nka save s fb ko.. Tnx po sa pagpost nyo. 💋❤ more power!ReplyDelete
Glad you like it. Next time share naman some pictures so we can be proud of your cooking. ThanksDelete