This is my favorite version, a double treat for seafood lover. Simple yet very gastronomical.
- 1-2 lbs. bulgan fish (Ocean Perch), cut into serving size
- 1 lb. medium size shrimp, shell and head on
- 2 cups kangkong top leaves
- 1 small size labanos (radish), cut into bite size
- 2 cups okra, remove top
- 1 medium size tomato, cut into 4
- 1 medium size onion, cut into 4
- 2 tablespoon tamarind sinigang mix or more
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 3 cups of water
Simple Cooking Direction:
- Boil water in a large pot.
- Add onion, tomatoes, fish sauce, ground pepper and bring to a boil in medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add okra and labanos, cook for 3-4 minutes or till half way cooked.
- Add shrimp and fish, simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add sinigang mix and more salt or fish sauce if needed.
- Add kangkong leaves, cover the pot and remove from heat.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
When cooking sinigang fish I always choose bulgan (ocean perch) as to a lot less bone, meaty and not too fishy but then you can bangus or tilapia or any white fish you like. You can also add or replace the vegetables like spinach, pechay, eggplant, etc.