GINATAANG KALABASA RECIPE
This is one of my favorite easy to make recipe. A simple no fuss recipe and best served with fried fish or fried dried fish.
- 5 cups cubed kalabasa
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 small size onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon bagoong (optional)
- Salt and ground brown pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fried minced garlic for garnishing
- Bring water to boil in medium heat.
- Add kalabasa and slices of onion.
- Allow kalabasa to cook half way then add bagoong.
- Add shrimp, salt and ground pepper, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and reduce heat to low.
- Stir well and simmer till kalabasa is fully cooked.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Transfer in a serving dish and garnish with fried garlic before serving. Enjoy!