Another Pinoy favorite recipe. Simple yet very gastronomically good.
- 1 lb. pork ribs, cut into bite size
- 1 1/2 cup mung beans (monggo)
- 1 handful malunggay leaves
- 3-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium size tomato, cut
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4-5 cups water
- Soak mung beans in water for an hour or so. Drain excess water and set aside.
- Using a deep pot saute garlic, onion and tomatoes in cooking oil till caramelized.
- Add pork ribs or any pork meat desired. Cook till pork turns golden brown in medium heat.
- Add fish sauce, soaked/drained mung beans and stir for few minutes.
- Add water and bring to boil in medium heat. Cover pot. (Keep an eye on the pot not to overflow)
- Simmer in medium low heat for 40 minutes or till meat and mung beans are fully cooked.
- You can always add more water, a cup at a time if needed.
- Season with salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Add malunggay leaves. Simmer for few more minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and serve.
Best when served with fried fish and lots of steam rice.