SEAFOOD PANCIT BIHON RECIPE
This one is my favorite. Not only easy to make but so full of flavor.
- 1 - 8 ounces bihon rice noodles
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled
- 100 g. fish ball, cut in half
- 1 cup squid, cut into rings
- 1 small carrot, cut into strips
- 2 stem celery, julienne thin
- 1/3 lb. cabbage, shredded
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, cut thin
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
- 3 cups water or chicken broth
- chopped green onion for garnishing
- kalamansi or lemon
- Soak rice noodles in water for 5 minutes. Drain excess water and set aside.
- In a large wok saute garlic and onion till caramelized.
- Add fish ball, squid and shrimp, stir for a minute.
- Add carrots, soy sauce, black pepper, water and simmer in medium low heat.
- Season with sesame oil, salt and more ground pepper to taste.
- Add noodles and cabbage, stir well.
- Cover wok and cook in low heat for about 10 minutes while stirring every 2 minutes.*By covering the wok it will allow the noodles to cook evenly from the steam.*
- You can add more water or broth if necessary.
- Remove wok from heat and transfer pancit in a serving dish.
- Garnish with green onion and serve with kalamansi or lemon juice.
*You can add pork slices or chicken if desired.*