SOY SAUCE CHICKEN RECIPE
Soy sauce chicken is a Chinese dish but this one is more the Filipino version. A recipe you can prepare the day before to save time specially for working parents.
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken thighs, cut into serving size
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce (optional)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1/3 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- chopped green onion
- In a small bowl stir together brown sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger and ground pepper.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken slices and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or over night.
- When ready to cook the chicken, heat a large frying pan and place cooking oil.
- Fry marinated chicken till it turns golden brown on both side.
- Pour in remaining marinade and water.
- Cover pan and cook for 10-15 minutes or till chicken is fully cooked and sauce thickens.
- Garnish with half of the roasted sesame seeds and blend well.
- Remove chicken dish from the pan, transfer in a serving plate, garnish with the remaining sesame seeds, top with chopped green onion and serve hot.