This Filipino dessert is made from 2 layer of cake coated with Yema frosting. It's like having 2 dessert in 1 and a very simple no-bake recipe. See step by step recipe below.
- 1 box white king (400 g.) cake mix or any vanilla cake in a box
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat eggs first then add, milk and melted butter in a mixing bowl.
- Pour in cake mix. Mix well.
- Pour mixture in baking pan.
- Cover tight with an aluminum foil and steam in medium low heat for 50-60 minutes or till fully cooked.
- Allow cake to cool before cutting in half.
For Yema filling:
- 2 can condensed milk or if you want it a little less sweeter use:
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 4 eggs (2 whole and 2 egg yolks)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded cheese for garnishing
- Beat eggs in a sauce pan.
- Add evaporated milk, condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Cook mixture while continuously stirring over low heat until becomes thick.
- Remove pan from heat and allow to cool.
- Spread 1/3 of the Yema mixture on the bottom side up of the cake.
- Spread evenly.
- Place the other slice on top and spread the remaining Yema mixture making sure you cover the whole cake.