If you like eggplant then this recipe is for you. A quick, flavorful and a healthy dish. You can use tofu or any meat instead of chicken.
- 1/2 lb. boneless chicken breast or thigh, cut into bite size
- 1 lb. eggplant, julienne
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- canola oil
For the sauce:
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, water, sugar, salt and ground pepper, set aside.
- Dilute cornstarch in water, set aside
- In a pan, heat and add 2 tbsp oil. Fry eggplant until light brown and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add 1 tbsp oil and add chicken. Cook chicken until light brown for about 5 minutes over medium-low heat. Add ginger, garlic and onions and cook for a minute. Add bell pepper and cook for few minutes. Add eggplant and stir gently to combine.
- Pour in soy sauce mixture and cornstarch diluted in little water. Stir well for 2 minutes. Add sesame oil and green onions. Mix well. Remove from heat and serve hot.
You can add chili flakes if you want it spicy.