CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE
This is one of my favorite easy to cook recipe. Filipino style Chicken Curry stewed in coconut milk, lemon grass and vegetables. See step by step simple recipe below.
Chicken Curry Ingredients:
1 lb. chicken boneless breast or thigh, cut into serving size
1 large potato, cut into bite size
1 large carrot, julienne
1 small red bell pepper, sliced
1 thumb size ginger, minced fine
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, sliced
1 1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
salt and ground pepper to taste
2 tablespoon cooking oil
chopped green onion for garnishing
Chicken Curry Cooking Direction:
- Heat up a deep pot and add cooking oil in medium heat.
- Fry potato and carrots. Set aside.
- Using the same pot saute ginger, garlic, onion till caramelized.
- Add chicken and lemon grass. Stir till chicken turns golden brown.
- Season with curry powder, fish sauce, ground pepper and water. Mix well.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or till chicken is fully cooked.
- Add fried potato, carrots and bell pepper.
- Pour in coconut milk, mix well and bring to a quick boil.
- Season with more curry powder and salt if needed.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or till sauce thickens.
- Transfer in a serving dish and top with chopped green onions.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Post a Comment