This no-bake Chocolate Yema Cake recipe is easy to follow. No need of oven, just steam the cake and fill with Yema. I also added grated cheese for extra taste.
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon coffee powder
- 2 cups warm water
- Sift flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Beat eggs, milk, cooking oil, vanilla and mayonnaise.
- Combine coffee powder and warm water and mix to the egg mixture.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture.
- Mix well and transfer in a greased 8 inch round baking pan.
- Steam for 40-45 minutes or till cake is fully cooked.
- Set cake aside and allow it to cool.
Filling and Topping Ingredients:
- 2 can condensed milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Beat egg yolks in a sauce pan.
- Add condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Cook mixture while continuously stirring over low heat until becomes thick.
- Remove pan from the heat and allow to cool.
- Cut the cake crosswise. Set aside the other part of the cake.
- Spread 1/3 of the Yema mixture on the bottom side up of the cake. Spread evenly and sprinkle half of the grated cheese.
- Place the other slice of cake on top and spread the remaining Yema mixture making sure you cover the whole cake.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.