I like making this spread and keeping it in the fridge for lazy days. It can last for at least 4-5 days.
I used fresh tuna in this recipe but you use canned tuna or boiled chicken breast instead. Best when served with sweet whole pickles on the side.
2 cups tuna flakes
1 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoon condensed milk
2 tablespoon sweet relish
1 tablespoon celery, chopped fine (optional)
1 tablespoon chopped fine onion
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 hard boiled egg, chopped
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Using fresh tuna steak, pan seared in olive oil unseasoned till fully cooked. Allow it to cool then flake. Set aside.
- Using a bowl combine mayonnaise, condensed milk, relish, celery, onion and ground pepper.
- Mix well and taste test. Add more mayonnaise or condensed milk or salt if needed.
- Add tuna flakes, chopped eggs and cheddar cheese.
- Mix well and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
*If you are using canned tuna make sure to drain well removing excess juice before adding to the mayonnaise mixture.
*If you are using chicken breast, boil chicken in water till fully cooked. Allow it to cool, shred before adding to the mayonnaise mixture.