Adobong Pusit Recipe
A popular Filipino dish cooked adobo style and also my favorite. Check out simple step by step recipe below.
- 2 lbs. squid, cleaned and drained well
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 3 pieces bay leaf
- 4-5 cloves garlic, sliced thin (I like it garlicky)
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar or more to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil or any kind of oil
- 1 small chili pepper or jalapeño (optional)
- Heat up pan and add olive oil. Add garlic and onion. Sauté until translucent and very fragrant.
- Add squid and stir fry for a minutes.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, peppercorn and bay leaves. Bring to a quick boil in high heat.
- Season with salt, sugar and ground pepper. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add slices of chili pepper and stir. Remove pan from heat, transfer in a serving dish and serve hot.
Note: If the sauce turns watery (because of the water from the squid) after step 4, separate the squid from the sauce. Set aside squid and continue to simmer the sauce till thickens then you can add the squid again to the sauce, stir and remove from heat.