Chicken Asado Recipe
Chicken Asado or Asadong Manok is a Filipino dish from the province of Pampanga.
A simple yet delicious chicken and potato dish stewed in tangy sauce.
Watch the FULL VIDEO below on how to make a delicious CHICKEN ASADO
- 2-3 lbs. chicken, cut into serving size
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice or vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 2 pieces tomato, sliced
- 2 pieces potato, cut into 6
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 green bell pepper, julienne
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika or achuete powder
- 3 pieces bay leaf
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, salt and ground pepper. Mix in chicken and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a wok, heat cooking oil and fry potatoes until golden brown. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and save remaining marinade.
- Fry chicken for at least 2-3 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Add chicken pieces and water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining marinade, bay leaves, paprika and tomato sauce. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or till chicken is tender.
- Add potatoes and bell peppers. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes or till sauce thickens.
Casa Baluarte Recipes are the best! I tried to.cook most of the recipes, it is very easy,ingridients is easy to find, unlike other recipes with complicated instructions and ingridients..So yummy! Thank you Casa Baluarte,more power and God bless.ReplyDelete
thank yo for the compliment! God bless!Delete