Inihaw na Liempo Recipe
Inihaw na Liempo is pork belly marinated for at least few hours and grilled.
See simple step by step instruction below.
- 3 lbs. pork belly, cut into 1/2 inch thin
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup banana ketchup
- 1 cup Mama Sita barbecue marinade or 1 cup of 7-up
- Combine pork belly with garlic, salt, ground pepper, brown sugar, ketchup, Mama Sita marinade or 7-up and mix well.
- Marinade pork belly for at least 2-3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Grill over hot coals for about 3-5 minutes on each side..
- Remove from grill and cut into serving pieces.
- For soy sauce and lemon dip, mix 1 clove of minced garlic, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/2 cup light soy sauce or Maggie seasoning and a dash of ground black pepper and serve.
Best when served with soy sauce and lemon dip and achara.