Kamote Buchi Recipe
Buchi or Butsi is a popular Filipino street food. Deep fried sesame balls made of glutinous rice flour, filled with sweetened kamote (sweet potato) or monggo (mung beans).
- 1 medium kamote, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
1. Mash boiled potato in a bowl. Add sugar, mash again and mix well. Set aside.
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour (sweet rice)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup sesame seed
- 2 cups cooking oil
1. In a mixing bowl, mix glutinous rice and water until it forms into a dough.
2. Divide dough to 6 and shape forming a flat circle.
3. Scoop a teaspoon of mashed kamote on the middle and mold the dough until round.
4. Roll each buchi ball in a plate of sesame seed.
5. Using a pan, heat cooking oil in medium heat. Deep fry the buchi till golden brown or for about 10 minutes.
6. Remove buchi from the oil, place in a layer of paper towel to remove excess cooking oil.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!